We are currently recruiting a Lab Assistant.
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure, and local and global ecosystem of partners, we create groundbreaking innovations in healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has R&D groups at other Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, the USA, China, and offices in India and Japan.
All of these traits make imec to be an excellent employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
Our NERF division (Neuro-Electronic Research Flanders), a young not-for-profit academic research initiative with the goal of forming a thorough understanding of the brain function is currently looking for a Lab Assistant/Animal Caretaker.
Founded by Imec, VIB, and KU Leuven, NERF is housed on the Imec campus in Leuven, Belgium, where researchers work in cross-disciplinary teams, benefitting from Imec’s state-of-the-art clean room infrastructure and set of neuroscience labs.
• You will be in charge of the daily care of rodents in our animal facility.
• You will assist in breeding of different mouse lines and maintenance of the colonies.
• On request you will assist researchers in handling and training animals.
• You will perform daily logistic tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the lab.
• You will have some administrative tasks such as filling in registers and databases with regards to animal registration.
• You will provide support to researchers and students in their daily activities.
• You have a professional bachelor degree in Laboratory science or you have experience working in an animal facility and laboratory environment.
• You are willing to work with rodents.
• You are in possession of a certificate Laboratory Animal Science category A or B, or are motivated to obtain this certificate upon arrival.
• You have a positive and energetic personality and are inclined to take initiative.
• You are flexible and have a strong sense of responsibility.
• You are proficient at reading, writing and speaking English.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative, show responsibility and acquire new skills. In this position you will have access to state-of-the-art tools and facilities, a rich collaborative environment within NERF, VIB, IMEC and K.U. Leuven. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.